Author: admin in: Tutorials
In this tutorial, we will go over how you can create your own automated reports. Report automation is a very useful time-saving feature that functions like your own personal delivery service.
OnRamp’s Automated reports enables you to schedule the day and the frequency of when your reports will be delivered. You can effectively have reports emailed or freshly printed out when you arrive for your Thursday morning sales meeting, coffee in hand!
1. Before you begin setting up your automate reports, make sure that you have up your email address in User Options and Preferences [S2065].
2. Click the “My Reports” button on the User Options and Preferences [S2065] screen to open the Automate Reports Customization [S2071] screen.
3. Begin by setting up the scheduling for your reports. Click “Add” in the bottom menu. In the “Name” field type in the name of this report group. For this tutorial, I chose “Thursday Sales Meeting”.
4. In the “Description” field you can give your report group a description. I chose “Sales order reports”.
5. Next, select the delivery frequency. I chose “Weekly” since the Thursday sales meetings are weekly. For the frequency, I chose “4”, which is a Thursday. When your done click “Ok” to Finish.
6. Select the “Report Group Detail” name and select the Report ID from the drop down menu.
7. In the “My Description box” you have the option to type in a description. This may help just if you have the same report in multiple group.
8. If you wish your reports to be viewed in a certain order, number the field accordingly in the “Sort” field.
9. How would you like your reports delivered? Select print or email. Once you’re done, click “OK”. If required, you can add more than one report to your group. (Make sure your printer is switch on if you wish to have your printouts ready for you in the morning!)
10. Next, select the “Report Criteria” tab. When you select a report this tab will load up the corresponding report criteria. If you would prefer to use a custom value for any of the criteria you can select one from the drop-down menu. If you are using the customized value, select the Use “Default” field and change it to “No”.
When you are done, click the “OK” button. You have now created the automated delivery of your reports for your Thursday morning meeting.
For more information about how OnRamp ERP software can add value to your business fill in the contact form below. A member of our support team will contact you within 1 business day to discuss any questions you have.