Author: admin in: Tutorials
Following on from the article on Plant Issue Management, featured in the Sept 1st issue of “Ramp It Up”, we thought it would be helpful to introduce the finer details of how to send an internal support ticket.
Having transparent Internal plant communications is a highly important practice to ensure the smooth running of the plant as well as dealing with any safety issues quickly and efficiently. OnRmap users can also submit requests or suggestions. So it is important to know how to send an internal ticket.
1. To create a new internal ticket type in “Internal Ticket” into the search field in OnRamp main navigation, the screen you are looking for is called “Create New Internal Ticket [S2607]”.
2. The first step is to give your ticket a relevant title, it might not seem much but having a descriptive title does help when it comes to reviewing the tickets.
3. Next, select the department the issue is associated with, then select your name from the drop down menu. It’s always good to know who is sending the tickets.
4. Select the ticket category and ticket type from the drop down menus. It should be noted that these will be unique to each plant, so there are no set options.
5. Next, select the ticket priority. There are 4 different options to choose from, the default option that appears when the screen open’s is medium.
When selecting the ticket priority, it is important to apply a degree or common sense. Not every request needs to be prioritized as High or even Urgent. If you are unsure about how to prioritize an issue speak with a manager or supervisor.
6. Each ticket you submit will require you to provide the details of the issue. As a best practice, it is useful to provide enough details that describe the context of the ticket.
Once a ticket is sent, it will be reviewed by the department manager or supervisor then assigned as a task for someone to resolve the issue.
We hope you found this tutorial useful.
For more information about how OnRamp ERP software can add value to your business fill in the contact form below. A member of our support team will contact you within 1 business day to discuss any questions you have.